For those of you interested in thumbing through the nominated works of the Best Short Story category:
- “The Cartographer Wasps and the Anarchist Bees” by E. Lily Yu (Clarkesworld April 2011)
- “The Homecoming” by Mike Resnick (Asimov’s April/May 2011)
- “Movement” by Nancy Fulda (Asimov’s March 2011)
- “The Paper Menagerie” by Ken Liu (The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction March/April 2011)
- “Shadow War of the Night Dragons: Book One: The Dead City: Prologue” by John Scalzi (Tor.com)
I would love to hear any feedback on the stories – thoughts on winners, losers, and if you think Scalzi was actually serious when he wrote that.